At TruCare Dental, we offer state-of-the-art implant-supported bridges as a robust solution for replacing multiple missing teeth. Unlike traditional bridges, implant-supported bridges are anchored to dental implants rather than relying on adjacent natural teeth. This approach offers enhanced stability, durability and numerous oral health benefits.
Understanding Implant-Supported Bridges
Implant-supported bridges involve the placement of titanium implants into the jawbone, serving as a foundation for the bridge. Once these implants fuse with the bone, a custom-made bridge is securely attached to them. This type of bridge is designed to replace several missing teeth in a row and is an excellent alternative when individual implants are not feasible.
The Importance of Dental Implants in This Procedure
Dental implants are pivotal in this process as they provide a permanent base for the bridge, ensuring that it remains stable and functions like natural teeth. The use of implants also helps preserve jawbone density and maintains the integrity of facial structures.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Bridges:
- Enhanced Stability and Comfort: These bridges are anchored firmly, offering a comfortable and secure fit.
- Aesthetic Appeal: They provide a natural-looking solution, blending seamlessly with your existing teeth.
- Jawbone Preservation: Implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss and maintaining facial structure.
- Durability: Implant-supported bridges are designed for longevity, often lasting many years with proper care.
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike traditional bridges, there is no need to alter adjacent teeth, preserving more of your natural tooth structure.
Am I a Good Candidate for Implant-Supported Bridges?
You might be an ideal candidate for implant-supported bridges if you:
- Have multiple adjacent missing teeth.
- Have sufficient jawbone density to support implants (or are eligible for bone grafting).
- Are seek a long-lasting, stable solution for tooth replacement.
Our experienced dentists can evaluate your specific needs during a consultation to determine if implant-supported bridges are suitable for you.
The Treatment Process
Here is what to expect with implant-supported bridges at TruCare Dental:
- Initial Evaluation: A comprehensive examination, including imaging, to assess your suitability for the procedure.
- Preparation: If needed, preparatory procedures like extractions or bone grafting are performed.
- Implant Placement: The implants are surgically placed into the jawbone under local anesthesia.
- Healing and Integration: A period of healing is required for the implants to integrate with the bone.
- Bridge Fabrication and Placement: After healing, a custom-made bridge is attached to the implants.